Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Office

My office here in Santa Fe is pretty nice. I don't have to share it with anyone and although the window looks out onto the parking lot, there's a couple of trees that block the worst of the view. The problem with it is it's down down the hall and around the corner from everybody else and I feel left out. The only other people on this wing so far are locations. The producers and other bigwigs will be further down from me, but right now it's lonely at work. I want to go in and socialize and they've invited me to do so, but it feels forced. Not sure about this group, especially the first asst.

Anyway, the husband came over for lunch today and we went and got him his birthday present. Last time he was down here we saw some of those globes made of semi-precious stone and minerals and we both liked them. They were 50% off so I said "Birthday Present!" He picked out a nice ivory one, which wasn't my favorite, but it is pretty and different. I'm always up for different.

We have to go to the pet store and get some of the doggie-downer spray for Sofie for the ride home tomorrow. She's nervous in the car now and we tried so hard to make it so she enjoyed rides. Maybe once she's home and back into her routine she'll be better.

Ok, got a story from Saturday to tell. We went to the bank to deposit my housing check and went inside to a teller. As we headed for the bank-maze, I saw a woman step away from the little table (with the deposit slips and stuff). She saw us get into line and said something like shoot or dang or whatever. Anyway, we're standing there and she walks up, points in front of me and says "I was already there." I was in a daze and said "sure, why not" really loud and sarcastically with that sweeping arm gesture. She actually stepped in front of us. I just looked at the husband, who couldn't believe I'd let her cut. I couldn't believe I let her cut, but I was just so shocked. Anyway, when nobody moved after 5 minutes, I said to the husband "let's go to the drive thru - nobody will try and cut in front of us there." At least I said that out loud. So we left, went thru the drive-thru, and were done in just a few minutes. Man, she either had a pair or she was a entitled schmoron.

No comments: