Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Payday!

I've gotten my first paycheck for UG - it's official. Not that they couldn't fire me, but I've gotten paid and I can keep it on my resume. Thinking about that, not sure I would want to - couldn't possibly get a good reference out of someone who fires you... must be the allergies making me loopy.

It's supposed to be in the 80s here tomorrow, but it sounds like there's a hurricane outside my office right now. I guess it's the way the building is laid out that I get all the wind back here and the other accounting offices say the trees outside their windows aren't even moving. If it was night, I'd be concerned. Growing up in Tn, I always did love a good thunderstorm with the wind whipping the trees around and the thunder shaking the house. Not sure how I'd feel about that here - too exposed.

Darby seems to be getting over her allergies. We vacuumed the carpet and all the rental furniture Monday night. We haven't heard any sneezing since then. I think we're going to keep her in SF, but if Sofie gets lonely back home, I may bring her with me later in April. OMG - Darby on a plane! If she was to get loose, it would take Samuel L. Jackson to wrangle her! Love that cat but I'll never forget how mean she was when we got her...

Turns out Wednesday nights are going to be the group-dinner-outing-night. Of course, I didn't find that out until this morning and that's a little too late in my book. I like a little advance notice, thanks. I'll probably join in after the husband goes home, but we don't have a whole lot of time together here and I'm not wasting any of it.

Actually, tomorrow is payday and since we're on location, it really should be Friday. But WTF, I cut the checks! 0-o

No comments: