Tuesday, March 21, 2006

If it's Tuesday,

There are a couple of things from the drive out here that I forgot to mention:
When you get on I-40 at Barstow, there's a sign that says it's 2554(?) miles to Wilmington North Carolina. I tried to remember the exact mileage, but it's been since Saturday for Pete's sake!
There are supposedly a lot of elk in northern Arizona and New Mexico. We saw sign after sign for elk crossing area, but no actual elk. Wonder what it'd be like to be barrelling down the interstate at 75 miles an hour and have an elk pop out in front of you?

Moving on to actually being in Santa Fe, it's friggin' cold here. It spat snow all day Sunday after we got here and then it snowed Sunday night. The roads got covered pretty quickly but by Monday morning, they were clear. The cars had a good inch on them, but I got to work on time.

The apartment is nice enough - a 1 bed/1 bath affair. The furniture got in today. I haven't seen it yet, but the husband says it's functional. As long as it's clean...

We did a bit of driving around on Sunday, picking up necessities and seeing where things were. This place is a bit ugly up close. Don't get me wrong, the vistas are beautiful and I'm sure there are some nice parts of town. But where I am and the drive to work ain't pretty. The husband says SF "out uglys" LA and that's saying a lot!

The production office is within walking distance of the downtown historic area (which is the nicest area we've seen so far). I have my own office with a window - it looks out over the parking lot, but there are some trees and it's nice.

It's about time to go, I just wanted to catch up a bit. I will blog more as I get caught up with work as well. There's always stuff to clean up when you start later - non-payroll people really don't care about the details...

No comments: