Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Credit Cards

I got a forwarded email that talks about what to do if your wallet is stolen. It's got some good suggestions, some of which I already employ. For example, I don't sign my credit cards. Instead I write "Ask For ID" on them in sharpie. It usually works pretty well. The problem I have with that is the Post Office. Every time I go in, they tell me I can use my credit or debit card instead of paying cash and I have to tell them that since I won't sign my credit card, they won't accept it. I'm not sure why, but they really won't accept an unsigned credit card even with a photo id. Whatever. Usually I try to use the kiosk in the lobby anyway - it doesn't care if I haven't signed...

But I do need to take advantage of the photocopier at work and make front and back copies of all of my cards. Just in case.

Over on Warren Ellis' site, I linked to an article about pro-life women who have abortions. It was fascinating. Seems they can justify their own abortion but not anybody else's. I have even less respect for pro-lifers now than I ever did, and it was never very much. I used to admire the conviction they showed in their belief, which is something I feel I lack. But to be able to turn it on and off like that is not conviction. I'm not sure what it is, but it's not admirable.

No comments: