Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Cologne

Blame Fark for this one - they have a link to pet peeves at the office...

I did a show for Disney a couple of years ago that remade an old Jodie Foster movie. It had a teenage lead whose parents were always coming in and out of the office.

I happened to have a cubicle on that show and it was at the end closest to the elevators. Everybody who came in went right past me. One day, there was this horrendous stink and I was the first one to notice it. Without thinking about it, I blurted out "what's that horrible smell?"

Turns out it was teenage lead's dad. Her parents were nice enough people - I had no complaints about their behavior, but he wore a cologne that stank up the entire floor. If he hugged you, it smelled up your clothes for the rest of the day. It didn't just smell bad, it got into your mouth and nose like and felt like you'd eaten an unripe banana.

The rest of the office heard my outburst and saw his entry and most of them were able to contain their fits of laughter until the offender headed back outside. I wonder now if he's allowed to wear that much cologne in jail...

No comments: