Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday Morning

Took the Sof out for her walk this morning and there was frost on the grass! Haven't seen that before. Last night, they said there were snow flurries in Malibu and there was thunder and lightning on Friday. Not the apocalypse, but different from the norm.

We ran into Chester and his mom and walked with them for a bit. Chester is a big bull terrier whose mouth is so wide it seems as if his head is hinged and he could flop it all the way open if he wanted to... but he's super sweet and he and Sofie get along well. She commented on the building's new lawn and asked if I knew that David Hasselhof owned our complex. What? Cool! Apparently he owns a lot of property in LA and has come out to check on us with all of our renovating.

She also told me that a developer bought three houses around the corner and was going to tear them down and put up apartments or condos, not sure which. That kind of sucks, but they're doing that a lot here. Home prices are out of control and almost every spare bit of land is gone - the only way to pack more in is to tear stuff down. It makes me think we'll never be able to get a house because there just won't be any left!

I started packing for Santa Fe, which is kind of surreal for me. I'm used to pulling out clothes for a couple of weeks at most, not putting everything I own into suitcases. I have the feeling that I won't be coming home with some of the stuff I'm taking, but I can't sort right now - I can only pack. A week from today and we'll be there. Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG WE HAD HAIL YESTERDAY! There was ice falling from the sky! :-D Sped!