Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Animals

Saw a prairie dog while sitting at a stop light on my way to work this morning. At least, I think it was a prairie dog. I've never seen one in the wild and the ones in the zoo are usually sitting on their haunches looking around. This one was moving along, sniffing the ground. My first thought was to go get Sofie so she could have at it, then I felt guilty. Besides, she wouldn't be able to catch it anyway.

There are several areas around the apartment complex where the ground has all these holes. I'm pretty sure something is living in them and of course Sofie wants to stick her snout down each and every last one of them. Great. Find the hole with the snake in it - there's a good dog! Good thing she's going home this weekend.

We're taking Darby back to SoCal, too. The allergies are just too much for her and it's not fair to make her sneeze and suffer when it's not necessary. We tried vacuuming last night and we'll do it again today, but I think it's just something in the air. When she gets home she'll have to go in for a bath so we can get whatever it is out of her fur.

I'm driving back to SoCal with the husband this weekend. It's a bit far to go it alone, especially with a wigged out dog and a sick cat. We'll leave on Friday and I'll fly back to SF on Sunday. Got to book the car service before I forget...

No comments: