Monday, June 11, 2007

Vespa Sunday

I got up at 5:30 on Sunday and walked Sofie, then took the Vespa for a spin. I drove down Lankershim to Ventura and took it thru the pass to Mulholland Drive. I headed up Mulholland all the way to Laurel Canyon and came down to Ventura again. I had such a good time and it was so nice out I turned around and went back up and around. I even stopped for a minute at the little park with the overlook. I would have stopped at the Hollywood Bowl overlook but it was foggy on that side, couldn't see much.

It was a great ride and I did better than I thought I would. I didn't drive fast and never crossed the center line, although I came close on a couple of curves! But there wasn't any other traffic and I had already decided I would pull over if someone got behind me. It's the first time I've ridden the plum when I wasn't going somewhere. It's a totally different feeling to just cruise than to commute. I think I'm going to try and do it every week.

No comments: