Friday, June 15, 2007

Hot/Cold and Drills

Our wonderful corner office gets all of the afternoon sun. Yesterday got a little hotter than normal because Wednesday night was the first night it wasn't ridiculously cool. You wouldn't think you'd need a jacket at 9pm in June... Anyway, the guys called maintenence and had them turn the a/c up a couple notches to combat the lack of natural over-night cooling. Apparently they thought it would be a good idea to set it at 55 and leave it there all night long. It was freezing when I came in this morning. The accountant was already here and his nose was all red. He's been sick and finally got over it, but could feel it coming back - made him grumpy. He was going to send the clerk to buy a sweatshirt somewhere so I jumped in and said I'd planned to go to Sears to buy a new drill - I could get him a shirt...

So off I went to Sears with my gift card and $50 from the accountant. I had to search for the shirt, hard to find in June in SoCal, but finally found a nice green one for $7. When I went to pay, there was an old man trying to return some t-shirts. Apparently, he had bought several shirts and some were made in Guatemala and some were made in Thailand. The ones from Thailand were fine, but the ones from Guatemala didn't fit right. So he wanted to exchange the G shirts for some T shirts because the G shirts didn't fit right. And he had to make sure he got the same colors because he had already bought several shirts and didn't want to duplicate. And the shirts he bought were only $5 and were the new shirts also going to be $5. The poor cashier had a bit of an accent and she kept telling him they had the same "ting" (thing) available for $5 on the floor. He didn't understand what she meant but she finally got him to go out and have a look around and I was able to buy my shirt. He was back and complaining by the time I was done but I didn't stick around to listen.

I went off to the tool dept and a nice salesman asked me if I needed help. I told him the number of the drill I wanted and they got it out of the cabinet. It was on sale so I decided to get a laser level, too. I've been wanting one for awhile for hanging the larger pictures and curtains. I used the gift card my oldest brother gave me for Christmas and went back to work. Took all of 30 minutes and the guys in my office liked the level and thought I was smart for buying a corded drill.

No comments: