Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Twilight Zone Fave

One of our favorite episodes of The Twilight Zone stars Sherman Hemsley as a math professor who offers to sell his soul to the Devil for the solution to an equation. The Devil, played exquisitely by Ron Glass, decides to take him up on the offer. Sam must then come up with a way to save himself.

Ron plays the Devil as a cool cat - all jazz and smooth voice. His t-shirt message changes each time you see him and I can't remember a damn one... Anyway, he spends most of the episode telling Sam all the things he can do and see and become because to save himself, Sam must give the Devil a task he can't accomplish. It seems hopeless until Sam finally says "Get lost." Of course, the Devil is just about as all-knowing as God so that's what does him in.

The point of all this? Ron Glass has been cast in LVT! I hope I get to meet him, but I don't think I can tell him to "get lost" without an explanation. After all, it's been 22 years...

No comments: