Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Bad Fit

I found a link to a fat acceptance blog today. I've been looking at some of the posts and the blogger takes the time to point out different instances of negative attitudes about fat people in the media.

I think I went to the site hoping to find some inspiration. I mean, I'm fat but I don't intend to put my life on hold because of it. But the blog isn't meant for me because I don't intend to stay fat. I know I will never be as thin as society says I should be but I also know I am fat because I eat too much of the wrong things. I am trying to get back to what I think is an acceptable weight (about 32 pounds from where I am now) but there will always be people who will say it's still too heavy.

It's weird to be in this gray area - unhappy with my body but living my life. It seems I'm being told I can't have it both ways; if I'm out there living, then I can't diet and if I'm dieting, I must have put my life on hold. Sorry, neither one fits.

No comments: