Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Patio Umbrella

I bought a glider set that I just love but the umbrella doesn't fit the space I want to put it in - it either hangs over the wall into the neighbor's patio or pushes the gliders out into the walkway. I only have a few options and only 1 doesn't involve spending any money. I could buy a half-umbrella, I could buy a sun shade, or I could cut 3 ribs on the umbrella I have so it becomes a half-umbrella.

The husband says to leave it where it is now, but I don't like it because I don't want a view inside the house. I want to see nothing but the patio when I'm gliding. I also don't think it's a good idea to leave it next to the drain. I'm going to have to ponder this awhile. I was all set to cut the ribs, but it's probably not the best idea even if it is the cheapest one.

No comments: