Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My Morning So Far

I was on the phone when I walked into the office this morning. AR told me I had a call from CAA (the uber-agency) but I told him I couldn't take it. I wish now I had because the bitch on the other end was rude to him and told him that it was inappropriate for my office to call CAA accounting and ask for I9 info on an actor, that it wasn't the "proper route."

Well, I didn't call them. A very nice woman from the agent's office called me yesterday and asked what I needed from them and said she would forward the request and email me some check authos. When I wrote back to her this morning to thank her for the authos, I told her about the rude woman who had called, just so she knew someone was pulling the "I'm an agent's assistant" bullshit with us. I'm not putting up with that crap anymore.

Especially not after Trachtenberg's people got away with calling us bozos on KIA. Man, I loved holding her check after that - helps that she couldn't sign her contract in a timely manner...

Poor C called this morning, too. She's working on a little $1.3 mil picture and someone tipped off the unions to them. Now it looks like she'll have to switch over and deal with paying everybody as union. I hope they hire her some help for that.

No comments: