Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Not Sure How I Feel About This

I'm recovering nicely from my LASIK on Friday. I'm not 100%, but the difference is amazing. I can actually see right from when I wake up, without the discomfort of when I would fall asleep with contacts in and they became glued to my eyeballs. But working on the computer is a bit of a strain, so I've been limiting my use.

Actually, I've been pretty busy getting the place ready for the Pergo installers. Had to pack everything up and move it to the bedroom so they could start in the living room. They were here all day yesterday and got all the carpet up and put about 8 feet down. I love it. I think I'm going to be really happy with it. It'll be nice when it's done, though. The cats get shut up in the bedroom and the dog's in the study. Not fun.

Now to the subject referenced in the title... my replacement at work did not show up. Apparently her husband broke his leg on Friday. She called my ex-boss on Saturday night and told her she wouldn't be starting. At all. So I guess the ex-boss went in and did the payroll. I didn't get a phone call until yesterday, which is when I found all this out. I felt bad, but then I realized it was her own fault. You see, I'm not sure I believe the broken-leg story. That woman didn't have the experience with paying actors or extras. I wondered why she got hired when I found out, but it wasn't up to me. I have the feeling she got in there and decided it was more work than it was worth. But who knows for sure? The husband is doing his best to make sure I don't go all soft and go back to that job. It's working, but I do know I have to go back and get my stuff. I think I'll wait until after the paychecks have gone out - maybe on Friday...

Only 2 weeks to Comic-Con! And that's another story. I tried to confirm my hotel reservation on Monday, but nobody had a record of it. Not the hotel, not the convention travel service, nothing. And I couldn't find an email record of the reservation number. I was so upset I started crying and cussing and banging the desk with my fist. The husband woke up and tried to calm me down, but I knew without a reservation we wouldn't go at all. Rooms sell out fast for this convention - some hotels have been booked for 6 months. He found rooms at one place for $310 a night and I went to see if other travel websites had anything listed. Which is when I realized that we were booked at a totally different hotel than the one I thought we were booked at. Sometimes I'm such a dumbass.

No comments: