Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Countdown Begins

This is my last Sunday at this job - last time to do payroll for these people. It'll be interesting to see how much stuff they try and dump on me in my last 4 days (luckily it's only 4 - they don't work with me on Sunday). I am sorry that it's ending this way. We had a good time on the pilot. I'm not sure what happened on this show, but it's too bad. I'm hoping for no hard feelings, so I did get everybody a wrap gift - some lucky bamboo. Not much, just a little something. We'll see.

In other news, my dog is afraid of dolls. Not all that odd, really. She's familiar with kids - sees than all the time on her walks. They move around and make noise and on rare occasions they share their cheese doodles with her. But dolls? They creep her out. Their were 3 sitting at the end of a driveway this morning; 2 in a stroller and 1 sitting on a stuffed dog like it was a horse. Anyway, she spotted them and came to a dead stop. Her ears went up, her tail dropped down, and her nose was twitching furiously. They longer she stood there with them not moving, the more wigged out she became. I tried tugging on the leash but no go. Eventually I picked her up and took her over to them, letting her sniff all around. She looked at me as if to say "that's just wrong." I walked her past them before I put her down again. Poor thing.

No comments: