Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Long Day

I have managed to catch up at work. Not quite sure how it happened, but there it is. I'm trying very hard to look busy, though, because I don't really want to get sucked into helping the rest of the "team." It seems I'm always helping them and they're rarely helping me. It's probably not true, but it feels that way.

Anyway, I've written to all my siblings trying to get them to agree to meet at the holidays to have a family picture taken. My mom really wanted one when we were all together at my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, but it didn't happen. You wouldn't think it would be that hard, but my brother and his wife in Florida always come up before Christmas and I can never get home until after Christmas (I'm usually working on a show and everybody has to get paid - I'm usually the only one working the week of Christmas, trying to get checks in the mail). I think since I have to travel longer, they should accommodate me, but they probably think since they have 3 kids I should accommodate them. We'll see what happens.

We got the Pergo estimate. It's about what we thought it would be. Now we just have to figure out when we want it done. It'll take 3 or 4 days, which isn't bad, but we'll have to spend the intervening nights moving stuff around. And I have my LASIK coming up on the 24th. Hmmm...

I've still got to get all the wedding pictures posted somewhere and narrate the weekend to Erdedo. I feel bad that it's taken me this long. I should let her know I haven't forgotten.

I finally warned Barbara that I have to get off this show. I want to put in my notice for July 7th, so I can have a couple weeks off and go to Comic-Con in San Diego, then head back to work around the 25th. Hopefully it'll work out, but I can't wait for her any more. This show was only tolerable because I thought I'd be out of here mid-May. Hello! It's June 7th! Time to move on.

No comments: