Sunday, June 12, 2005

Would It Be Rude...

I'm sitting at my desk this morning, contemplating quitting. Yes, I know I'm planning on July 7th being my last day, but I'm thinking seriously about getting up, packing up my boxes and going home. Right now. Without doing the payroll. I am that over it.

I'm not sure what pushed me over the edge. It could be the note from the boss telling me to fix an error, one which was caused by her actions rather than mine. And which doesn't even cover the entire problem, only the little bit she's currently focused on.

Or it could be the phone message from the best boy grip asking what's up with the checks for the key grip and the dolly grip. He's not anymore specific than that, though, so I don't even know where to begin.

Or it could be that envelope on my desk that boldly proclaims "RUSH!" and tells me to fix the problem (one caused by the payroll company, not me).

Or it could be the other note from my boss telling me to fix the coding on a timecard that she's been sitting on for 3 days.

None of this is that big a deal. It's not that different from most of the shows I've worked on. For some reason, though, this show is different - all of it together adds up to something I don't like. Really don't like. But I can't just quit without any notice. As much as I want to, I'm not that person. But I'm so getting out of here. I just can't wreck my reputation in the process.

No comments: