Saturday, June 18, 2005

Proud Parent

Sofie passed her evaluation and will be allowed to board at the Bow Wow Bungalow. I feel like she's gotten into some prestigious pre-school program that will guarantee her admittance to an ivy-league college. I'm sure there must be other places that require this kind of scrutiny, but it seems like Los Angeles is the only city in the country weird enough for it. The place is cush, though. You can have a look at it at www.bowwowbungalow.net

We may consider sending her to daycare there, but they're booked up right now. We can get on the waiting list, though.

The husband and I took a couple of prints that we inherited from his mom over to be framed yesterday. I've had the same guy frame my stuff for a couple of years now (he owns House of Secrets - the comic shop the husband goes to). Usually I go in, show him the work, we chat about color ideas, matte size, etc. and I leave the details up to him. It's always worked out great. This time, though, I had a really hard time. I had planned to stick with the same color frame, but as we talked, nothing seemed right. I couldn't visualize anything he suggested. And they were good suggestions. I liked the idea of what he was saying, but I couldn't SEE it. Maybe it was because they were Betty's for so long. Did I really have the right to change them? Would she approve? I finally had to ask the husband if it was really ok. He said it was fine. I hope it is.

I have to get back to my errands. I've been to Target and Ralph's, but I still need to hit the Post Office and the bank. I hate my local Post. There are a couple of clerks there who are so slow. I was glad when they installed the self-help machine. I use it almost exclusively now. And I've got 3 weeks worth of paychecks to deposit at the bank.

No comments: