Thursday, June 16, 2005

I Thought Things Were Different

This morning, things at the office were almost back to normal. I told the husband when he called that everyone was speaking to me today. Not that I was enjoying it, but there was fairly normal conversation.

Then I went to set. I usually like going to set, but my boss didn't care if I went or not and it takes up so much time that I chose to send the payroll out and stay in the office and work. But last Friday the Best Boy Grip came into the office and complained about some checks. When my boss asked him why he bothered coming in on Friday, knowing I don't work on Fridays, he commented that he wasn't getting his checks until 9pm. I guess she chose to believe him, because I was informed on Monday that I would now be taking the payroll out myself. Whatever. I did finally figure out what the hell he was talking about, though, with the 9pm comment. Any week with a Monday holiday pushes payday back to Friday from Thursday. The week of Memorial Day I had checks done on Thursday, so I sent them out at the end of the day. He probably did get his check at 9pm, never mind that it was a DAY EARLY!

So I get back from set and no one says a word to me. No acknowledgement whatsoever that I had walked into the room. True, they were having a conversation about Rachel's car, but nothing. I take that back; when Rachel was done with the car talk, she did make sure I had gotten a message she left on my desk. But that's been it. And since then all I've gotten is totally work-related questions or instructions.

I am so out of here next Thursday. Thank dog they found someone to replace me. Don't know who she is, but she's supposedly "nice." She'll be in on Wednesday and Thursday so I can show her what's up. Fun.

Tomorrow's set is less than 3 blocks from my house. If I want, I could take my dog for a walk and go say "Hi" but I probably won't. Although Sofie is pretty damn cute and I should show her off.

And if you're wondering what going to set is like, today I caught them at lunch, which is when I usually try to be there. It's less disruptive that way. Actually getting on the set is fairly boring, unless they're blowing something up or doing some stunt. You have to be silent while they're shooting and it's easy to get stuck with them doing take after take of the same scene. Yawn. I'll try and remember to write about Scorpion King when I have more time. That had some cool stuff to watch!

No comments: