Saturday, June 25, 2005

Done and Done

I was trying to be a good employee and finish up as much as I could before leaving on Thursday, which kept me there until 9:30pm. I only left then because I had LASIK at 6am the next morning. I got what I had to done, but I didn't manage to pack up any of my stuff. I have to go back sometime next week and get everything. I wouldn't have been there that long if I hadn't had to go to set to hand out checks or if I hadn't had to spend the morning teaching my replacement how to work my programs. I thought before they'd be fine, now I'm not so sure. She's never paid extras and I don't know how long it's been since she paid SAG (actors).

But I am out of there and everyone said they'd miss me and gave me very nice compliments. The Production Office Coordinator even said I was the best Payroll Accountant she'd ever worked with - she even gave examples of why she thought that way, which makes me believe she really meant it and wasn't just blowing smoke. She also subtly commented on how much the others in the office were hard to work with.

I did give everyone in the accounting office a bit of lucky bamboo as a wrap gift. My boss must have felt guilty because she went out at lunch and brought back flowers. Nice gesture but possibly the ugliest flowers I've ever seen. Not the types (tulips and Gerber daisies - the latter being my faves), but the colors. Actually the tulips were a mix of dark orange and yellow and weren't awful, but the daisies - Oh the horror. How could anyone think that color was pretty? A weird orange, yellow, peach, muted, gross color. Needless to say I acted as if I loved them and took them home and tossed the daisies in the trash. And for some reason they were sticky and looked like they had dewdrops on them. Whatever.

As for the LASIK, it went fantastic. Except for getting up at 4am, I loved it. The whole thing took less than 2 hours and most of that was having the final tests and waiting for the valium to kick in the my pupils to dilate. Nothing hurt and I could see better immediately. I spent the rest of the day napping, supposed to keep my eyes shut as much as possible. Got up today and went to my regular eye doctor for the first of many post-of check-ups and he said it looked excellent. I have a bit of the halo side-effect, which is normal and my eyes feel like they did when I fell asleep in my contacts, kind of gummy/sticky. I'd be perfect except for the fact the eye drops I have to use leave a bad taste in my mouth. Not sure how that works, but there it is. Nothing I eat or drink changes it. I really am glad I had it done and wish I'd done it sooner. Yeah for 20/20 vision!

No comments: