Sunday, January 08, 2006

That's A Wrap.

The show finally wrapped on Friday - over budget and 4 days over schedule... this will be my last working Sunday. I'm back to Monday thru Friday as of next week.

I so don't want to be here. I'm still tired from my dad being in town, although we didn't really do much of anything. I drove him around the Universal backlot on Thursday, then took him to a couple of grocery stores so he could compare prices (it was ugly and made me unhappy). Then he went back to his room and took a nap. We went to The Smokehouse for dinner that night. I think he liked it.

On Friday we drove all over town, starting on Mulholland with the two overlooks - one onto the Valley and the other onto the city. I was a beautiful day, about 85 degrees and not too much haze. We could see all the way from the observatory to the ocean. Then we drove thru Hollywood and saw the Walk of Fame. We drove down Sunset and finally ended up in Santa Monica to see the pier and the beach. We finally headed up and went thru Beverly Glen and back along Mulholland. Dad seemed to enjoy it, looking at the different architecture and stuff - ex-engineer and all. But we didn't really get out of the car and I was tired from all the driving.

When we got back, we took Sofie to the dog park and let her run around for a bit. There was a man there whose dog played with Sofie for a while, running and chasing. He asked us if he owed us any money for wearing his dog out. We told him we knew how he felt.

Anyway, we went to Universal Citywalk for dinner. Dad had wanted seafood and I planned on taking him somewhere near the beach for lunch, but he wasn't hungry when we were out there. I don't know of too many seafood places in the Valley, so I went with Gladstone's. It's touristy, but the food was good and there was stuff to see. Then we took him back to his hotel and that was that. His flight left at 8am Saturday morning and we picked him up at 6am. We stopped at McD's on the way to the airport and got him some breakfast, then dropped him off and went home. We ended up watching Battlestar Gallactica (is that spelled right?) then going back to bed. I talked to dad later and he'd gotten home just fine, although they lost his luggage.

Anyway, I'm worn out and over this show, but I have to get the work done. And the wrap party is tonight. I'm not really interested in going at this point in time, but if I change my mind, I'd better be done. Ugh - back to work.

I did want to say that it's probably a good thing we're done. Two of our stars haven't been getting along so well. I think the comment heard the other day was "What the f*ck is your problem?" So it's not been all wine and roses...

No comments: