Friday, January 13, 2006

It's Not Just Breakfast Anymore...

I'm going back to Weight Watchers tomorrow. I've got to lose the 40 pounds that I've gained over the past year. Actually, my current goal is to lose 30 pounds - I think it's more realistic for me. I may decide to lose that last 10, but that's a decision I'll make then, not now.

Don't know how well I'll do, but I can't do any worse than I have been. At least the husband has promised to go on it with me. He won't go to the meetings, but it's hard to be the only one on a diet when both of us need it.

It's hard to be on a diet at all. I need to start thinking of this as a lifestyle change, but that's easier said than done. I just hate being the one to stand out, the one saying no, I can't eat that cake/cookie/whatever. But then I realized that being so overweight makes me stand out even more and in a worse way. And I'm tired of defining myself as "fat." It's the only adjective I use when I describe myself. And I'm so much more than fat. It's just I don't see it under the 40 pounds.

So the weight has to go. It's not like I'm pregnant or anything as an excuse. I just eat too much and don't exercise enough. Time for a change.

Wish me luck.

No comments: