Friday, October 14, 2005

News From Hawaii

The golf balls that Wilson hits into the ocean are plastic. They float around until the scene is done, then a prop guy goes out with a pool skimmer and brings them back onto the beach.

Laulau is pretty good, but when digging into a taro-leaf wrapped piece of chicken, it's a bit of a shock to hit bone. And if that really was taro leaf, it tastes like spinach.

Poi is supposed to be used as a condiment, according to one of the office PAs. It's still gross. I'm sure it's very nourishing if you're in a canoe traveling long distances from island to island, but with McDonald's down the street, it's just unnecessary and a weird shade of purple/gray.

The rice/coconut dessert stuff is better than it looks, but as it looks like a cube of fat, I really can't bring myself to eat it. It's jiggly but still has a visible texture.

If you couldn't tell, we had authentic Hawaiian for lunch. No wonder these people like Spam.

We're going to set tonight to hand out money. I'm hoping to meet Douglas and maybe even get my pic taken with him. I'm wearing my "bossy beyond belief" shirt so I can live up to that and make it happen.

No comments: