Monday, October 10, 2005

Braids

Just got back from having dinner with my boss - we went to the Thai place the husband and I went to for our anniversary. I got the Panang curry with shrimp and scallops and she got the Thai garlic chicken. Luckily, we're both splitters. I love going to dinner with a splitter. You get to try 2 dishes instead of just one. Both were good, but mine was better.

After eating, we walked down to Xtreme Hair and asked the woman if my hair was too short for braiding. She said no and 30 minutes later, I walked out with cornrows. I'm not sure yet if I like them or not - it's not awful, but it is quite a change. Donna said they looked good and I don't think she'd lie to me - she seems too frank for that. I didn't spend a lot and at least I can say I tried it. I'm glad we went, since the woman at the other place said my hair was too short - I think she just wasn't that good. Never go to a white woman for cornrows.

Donna went over to Macy's while I was in the chair and bought a nice bathing suit - brown with blue trim. She's coming back here in January so it'll be put to good use.

I really should get back to work. I know I'm going to get a lot of stuff dumped on me in the morning and I really want a clean desk before I leave for the night. Back to work.

No comments: