Sunday, October 30, 2005

If It's Sunday, I Must Be @ Work

I got up this morning extra early by totally ignoring day light savings. I showered, walked the dog, and drove to work. I always work Sunday thru Thursday when we're shooting. I need that day when no one is around to break timecards and cuss out loud at the stupidity of the crew.

I got to work and cleaned Hamilton's bowl - which I meant to do on Thursday but since I was working until 2 am, that didn't happen. Anyway, I got his bowl cleaned then dumped the dead flowers in the trash and washed out the vase. Started sorting thru the inbox and got so discouraged by what I saw I still haven't started working. Blech. And that's only the stuff that came out the inbox for the rest of accounting. My stuff is filling up 3 inboxes and it makes my stomach hurt to look at them.

So I checked my email and tried to respond to someone about Granny's property in Lenoir City. It's her house and nobody's lived there or taken care of it in years. We tried to deal with it, but there are a lot of claimants and it was a huge hassle so we let it drop. We just want the city to come in and take it for back taxes or something. It's not like it's worth a lot of money or anything, especially when you consider everybody who'll crawl out of the woodwork for a share. I gave up on that email and forwarded it to the husband. He'll have to answer at least a couple of the questions or they'll contact Granny and when she hears they're going to take her house, she'll flip out. The woman is 97 years old and the nursing home just switched her into another room because she kept giving her roommate's husband a hard time when he came to visit. She's a tough cookie.

So then I read Sped's blog - her "a" key isn't working - and asked her if she's ever going to read Sandman. I noticed it's not on her list anymore, but maybe that means she read it already... I doubt it. I know she's had that for at least a year but it keeps getting superceded by Star Wars novels.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time. I've got to start picking thru these piles of paperwork. Let the cussing begin!

No comments: