Saturday, October 15, 2005

Mistake

I made a mistake cutting checks this week. I accidentally cut a check in California that the crew member asked for in Hawaii. Boy, you'd think I'd killed his dog. He claimed if he made a mistake like that, he'd get fired. I wanted to reply that it was one check out of 300 and it's not like he could take it to the bank anyway. It'll probably be waiting for him at his home when he gets back. But no, I have to reissue the check and deliver it to his home on Monday (the company is off that day). All this because he and the executive producer went to the same college (or so I heard). I guess the exec prod felt it was his duty to dress me down for my failure, saying it was unacceptable and shouldn't have happened. I totally agree with him but mistakes happen. I wasn't trying to put blame anywhere else - I told everybody I had screwed up. But on the grand scale of things, it's not the end of the movie if the video assist guy gets his check a few days later...

No comments: