Monday, November 06, 2006

Job Hunt

What the opposite of a job hunt? What is it called when the job comes looking for you?

I got a call this morning from an accountant I met while I was in Santa Fe. I don't remember what show she was on, but I met her at the gym I joined. Anyway, she's doing a football movie (Leatherheads) for Universal and wanted to know if I was interested. She wanted me to start right away after EA (mid-December) but I told her I already had Christmas plans. She's willing to have me start Jan 2. The funny thing is the show's in Greenville, SC and we're going to East TN for the holidays. It's not right next door, but it's damn close.

Anyway, the rate is good and the housing and per diem add up fast, but I had to tell her she was the 4th person who had asked me to let them know before I took a show. Mo is first, then T (my current boss), then S from Used Guys, then the gym acct. Mo's show doesn't look promising, T doesn't have anything but rumors, and S is apparently working with a payroll company that is a nightmare. The gym acct is the only one with an actual offer.

So husband, what do you think about Greenville, SC for 6 months?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only if you come down and visit first...

:-)