Friday, June 30, 2006

Job "Search"

A friend of mine from Snakes im'd me yesterday to see what I was up to. I told her about my job at EA and she said she's working on Die Hard 4 and they're looking for payroll. The accountant has a reputation for being a real hard-ass, but I sent my resume anyway. Actually, she doesn't just have a reputation, she's on the "list" of accountants you shouldn't work for unless you're desperate. But I've only ever had a problem with one acct so far and she wasn't on that list... I'm willing to give it a chance. (After reading over my shoulder, the husband pointed out at least 2 more than I've had issues with that I had apparently blocked from memory.)

Why am I sending out resumes? Because all the 2nd unit work on EA was cancelled last Monday. I am no longer guaranteed employment until September. It seems the 2nd unit crew that was hired was doing crap work and they can't use most of the footage. So the director is going to put together a rough edit and see what's needed. No one knows how long that will take so no one is making any plans beyond a regular wrap, which is usually 4 weeks for me. So 1st unit is done July 11th, a stunt unit is done July 12th, and I should be done about 4 weeks after (no calendar at hand...).

No comments: