Monday, June 19, 2006

Day 1 On Evan Almighty

Welcome back to Universal! I've got to say it's nice to be working in LA. The commute was so nice and tomorrow I'm going to be able to ride the Plum to work (had to bring in my kit today - needed the car). I have my own office for now, but when the payroll clerk comes back, I'll be sharing. Everybody seems nice and it should work out fine.

I've been chatting with the payroll guy from Virginia, J, and he seems to be nice as well. We're both replacements and luckily neither of us is all that thrilled with the paprwork that began this show. When he finally got the chance to send me the crew list, I couldn't believe how useless it was - ok, not totally useless but not great, either. He didn't take the time to fix it because he thought the woman who started the show would be coming back and he was so damn busy. But I'm very unhappy with it after only 1 day. If I had taken over when he did, I think I would have done some revising.

The schedule and stuff is up in the air. Nobody really knows yet when the crew is coming back to LA. I'm very glad that J is planning on doing the payroll for this week and just having me cut the checks. It'll make the transition much easier.

No comments: