Friday, June 09, 2006

So, What's Really In It?

The husband called me today to tell me Sofie will no longer be eating her regular brand of dog food. Of course, I immediately think he's heard some news report that it's been tainted or contains horse. No, he's just found a better brand for her - Old Yeller dog food.

I couldn't believe it, figured it had to be some kind of joke. But apparently it's for real and it's made by Disney. Some exec was even quoted as saying they didn't think there'd be a problem since most people wouldn't remember Old Yeller. Yeah, right. I've never seen the movie and I know what happened at the end.

So I just had to ask if you got a free cartridge in every bag. Or if Sofie, upon hearing the news, got so excited she foamed at the mouth. Or if there's a little message on the bag that says the food has nothing to do with what happened to the dog in the movie and that your dog won't need to be put down after eating it.

Why on earth would anyone think naming a dog food after a dog that gets rabies and has to be shot by its young owner is a good marketing ploy?

No comments: