Friday, June 02, 2006

Huh?

This is an email conversation I had with a friend of mine who's a 1st assistant accountant. I had sent out a general email to a bunch of people to let them know I was looking for work.

>So you totally flaked out on the Accountant I'm working for now. LOL. How are you guys? Everything going well? I talked to PG. yesterday. RB

I wrote back to ask wtf he was talking about.

>I'm finishing up a show with DD (the email offer). She is heading to Portland to work on another show. She got your resume and said you wanted time off. Then she said you took another job. PG is being considered for the Portland job, if she wants it. RB

This is my response:

>Oh my god, I can't believe she said that. Here's what happened: I got this email late Wednesday night:

"I got your resume from my friend DA. I am a production accountant prepping a $20 mil feature to be shot on location, and am looking to hire a payroll person. Are you available to interview next week? The job would start July 10th for payroll, with non-affiliate benefits, airfare, housing and per diem. The rate is $xx00 plus vac/hol for 5 or 6 days (5 day shooting schedule). The BTL is not massive. Let me know if you are interested in getting together, DD."

I wrote back to her on Thursday morning and told her I was out of town until the 16th of June (on a show that is shutting down), that I needed to know where the location was, and that I had previous plans for the week of July 17th but that otherwise it sounded like a good offer. I never heard anything back until after I wrote to her today to let her know I had taken a show. She wrote back:

"Hi there. That's fine, the week off was problematic, DD."

Now, who sounds flaky? I tried to get more info from her and didn't hear jack. I can't wait around for someone and if she thinks I don't get more than one phone call at a time, she doesn't know anything about me. It's too bad because Portland would have been cool.

I haven't heard back from RB, but N had this to say:
"What a bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm totally putting her name on my list"

I'm right there with you N! No way will I work for this woman - calling ME flaky...

No comments: