Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Veronica Mars

Tonight is the last episode of a really great show. Actually, it's the season finale but with the merger of UPN and the WB it may not make it onto next season's schedule. Which is a damn shame. I have enjoyed VM ever since its first episode and have wished I could be that cool. I mean, who wouldn't? So many fabulous one-liners ("Flat?" "As god made me"). Genius.

When the husband and I went to the Paley Festival for VM, they were cool enough to screen a brand new episode - most shows brought the pilot or something that had already aired. Blech, waste of an hour. But not Joel Silver and Rob Thomas. Love them!

The cast, with minor exceptions, is fantastic. Highest Praise should rightly be heaped upon Kristen Bell, Enrico Colantoni, and my personal favorite, Daran Norris as Cliff McCormack (the lawyer with "the voice" - Daran, if you read this, will you do my answering machine message?).

The only thing I worry about is the ending not living up to the rest of the season. I fear they may have to tie up too many loose ends for it to make sense. And I'm worried that Veronica and Keith could have been so wrong about Aaron killing Lily... But this is Veronica Mars. All will be brilliant.

Finally, something Stephen King and I have in common, except I'm watching VM and saving Lost for the dvd...

No comments: