Monday, May 01, 2006

Sped

Sped came to visit me this weekend and we had a great time. She got in late Friday and we sat up talking. When we finally rolled out of bed Saturday, we went to Chocolate Maven for brunch (pancakes and an omelet - yummy). Then we went down to the Plaza and walked around, did some shopping. We both bought some tops and Sped got 2 pairs of shoes. I would have bought a pair but they didn't have my size in stock. I'm checking online for them...

I took her to Coyote Cafe for dinner and it was really good. I ordered halibut this time and enjoyed it, but the steak was better. Then we got some Cold Stone (which Sped had never had before) and walked around a bit more.

On Sunday, we went to the Tesuque flea market and bought more stuff. They had some bead suppliers there with some good deals and Sped makes jewelry. We also found a vendor with handmade Christmas ornaments made of sterling silver. Sped got a snowman and I got a tree, then I got Sped a Kokopelli for her birthday.

We went to Cloud Cliff for lunch on Sunday, but I wasn't that impressed with it. The bread's been good, but I didn't care for my roasted poblano.

I drove Sped back to Abq for her flight and we stopped at Great Harvest so I could get some stuff for the husband - he's coming into town today!

So, looking back on the weekend, we ate and we shopped. But we also spent a lot of time talking and that was the best part. We've known each other since 1982 and we don't have to say much for the other to understand. She truly is my bestest buddy.

No comments: