Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Dinner Invites

I got a wild hare/hair on Wednesday and decided to see if my cow-irkers wanted to go to dinner. I went down to the 1st and Key 2nd and asked. Turns out, they were already invited to dinner by the producer. They acted like it was some big secret and they were embarrased to tell me. Whatever... K and I went to dinner on our own and had a good time.We went to Maria's, which has a margarita menu (at least 100 different kinds). We got the basic house margaritas and the were really tasty. Strong, too.

OK, I'll admit I was a bit disappointed at not being asked out by the producer, but I got over it. I'm just glad I made plans of my own rather than going home and sitting alone in front of the tv.

Thursday, a big group of us went on an evening hike, hence the photo, and then to the acct's house for dinner. We had a good time and a great salmon dinner. I played hostess with the cheese and crackers, although I managed to slice my thumb open.

Tonight, I came home and watched "Sideways." I worked with the acct who did that show, plus I've been to some of those towns (although I think Solvang is just about the worst excuse for a tourist trap I've ever been to). It was a good movie, but Paul Giamatti's character hit a little close to home. And of course, the love of a good woman saved him. Why can't I do that?

Tomorrow we're going to the farmer's market in the morning. Then one of the drivers invited everybody out to his ranch for mule rides and bbq. I think we're supposed to ride out to a mesa to see the view, then food and drink. I'm looking forward to it, it's not something you get to do every day.

No comments: