Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I Am Nightmare

My old boss, who's also in town working on a film (WH with the mouse) emailed me today because she heard we'd been shut down. I gave her a call and she told me her current payroll person was afraid for her job when she heard the news. She was convinced I'd switch shows and replace her! I find it interesting that I'm somebody's nightmare because of how good I am at my job rather than some less pleasant reason...

We also chatted about things that didn't involve someone losing their job and made a date to go to lunch in a couple of weeks (after the holiday). It was nice talking to her and I do hope to work with her again, but I'm not sure I want to do it now. I've become accustomed to the idea of going home.

One good thing about getting shut down is I'll be in prep on something when Comic-Con rolls around. We should be able to go this year. Good thing the husband didn't listen to me and kept the hotel reservations!

No comments: