Sunday, May 14, 2006

Canyon Road

K and I saw Poseiden and it was just about what I expected. There weren't any Oscar-worthy performances, but it was fun - if you can call watching all but 6 people on a cruise ship die horribly violent deaths...

K didn't get her credit which disappointed her, but she said the studio rarely gives credits to anybody below the level of 1st assistant. I think that's unfair, but apparently the old woman who's in charge of the credits has a thing against accountants and they're just waiting for her to die so they can include everyone. I bet her husband left her for an accountant...

When the film was over, K told me she was going to the galleries on Canyon Road today. I mentioned the husband and I had seen some lawn art we liked and I was going to go and check on the prices at some point. She invited me to join her and I accepted. We spent about 5 hours walking up one side of the street and down the other - hitting almost every gallery that was open. We both bought some stuff, but I didn't buy any of the lawn art. The pieces are beautiful but pricey and since we don't have a lawn, not really the best investment. But I'll be hanging on to the brochure.

It's just after 9 and I'm pooped. I want to go to the gym in the morning, so I'm off to bed soon. I finished my Fremont Jones book, which was rather good, but I'm not starting another one tonight. I think I'll flip through a magazine instead.

No comments: