Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Long Weekend

I went home for the long weekend - had a great time with the husband and the dog. We saw X3, which was good, but not great. The husband is much better at critiquing movies than I am and sometimes I even agree with what he says. Sometimes, though, he goes into the structuring of the script and I can't follow. But I do feel like I'm learning something. Since I've been in Santa Fe, I've been contemplating doing a thorough cleaning when I get home. I had a really hard time not getting started this weekend, but I didn't want to waste our time together. But when I get back, I'm going thru the place and getting rid of all the junk I don't need anymore. I'm thinking I'll get a table at the Rose Bowl Flea Market and sell off cheap.

I was wiped out by the time I got home yesterday and I still had a gym appt at 6:30. I made it, but I have to admit it wasn't my most strenuous workout. Then after I got home, I got a phone call from my mom that my brother was in the hospital. He's been running a fever off and on for over 2 weeks and they haven't been able to find out what's wrong. He's been tested for pneumonia, meningitis, you name it. So when his fever returned yesterday, they decided he needed hospital care.

Of course, I wigged out after talking to my mom, thinking the worst. I called the husband crying and he managed to calm me down. He asked me if I wanted to go home - I didn't. I know I should have wanted to, but I just couldn't deal with it. Thing is, my mom told me that she had told my brother to "fight it" and hang in there. I feel just the opposite. I feel if he's ready to go, he should go. That's not something they want to hear and I shouldn't even be writing it, but I don't think anybody but my sister even reads this and I don't think she reads it on a regular basis.

The only other thing going on is my continued annoyance at the payroll company. When we got shut down, I sent an email asking about layoff provisions - I didn't have my own copy of the union contract. They wrote back and I paid people accordingly. Turns out they were wrong and I got a phone call from the studio's labor dept. Now, I'm the first to admit if I made a mistake and more than willing to apologize and correct it. But this time I went to the experts and now I look like an idiot. Hate them, hate them, hate them.

No comments: