Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Training Goals

During my meeting with my new trainer this morning, I was asked if I had any goals. Anything past or future that was driving my desire to get into shape. I've never been that interested in running marathons or doing triathalons, so I answered that I hoped to hike the Grand Canyon again. Sped and I hiked it in 1995, but we only went down and back up the same trail and didn't have time to get all the way to the river. Not to say it wasn't exhausting and thrilling, but I'd like to do something that involves staying down there overnight.

On the way back from buying cat food, I realized I do have another goal. I've always wanted to learn to ride a unicycle. I'm not sure if that's something I couldn't do right now, but it'd have to be easier if I was in better shape. So that's my goal. I'm going to get in shape and learn to ride a unicycle - maybe in a race!

No comments: