Monday, April 17, 2006

Back to Reality

I figured I'd better blog now, as I'm going to go home and watch "A History of Violence" then crawl into bed.

I had a great weekend at home. I got my hair done on Friday and everybody's complimenting me on it. I think it's because it looked so bad before (inch plus roots!) The husband and I ran some errands, saw a movie, ate out, generally just took it easy. Sofie was as excited to see me as I was to see her, but as she did all the licking it may have been hard to tell.

We saw "Brick" which has been described as teen noir. I guess if I had known that going in, I might have liked it better. The plot was ok, it's just hearing noir dialogue come out of the mouths of high school students was weird. Plus, they had some Twin Peaks moments that threw me right out of the action. After all that, it is nice to see someone do something different for a change.

It's almost harder coming back to Santa Fe after that trip. I'm not sure this was the best idea I've ever had, but it's something I needed to do. The husband's planning on coming this way for the next visit and he's decided to drive and bring the dog. Yay! The cats will be pissed, but so what... man I love that dog.

The Art Department Coordinator from LA has shown up here. This is a recent development and we're not all that pleased, because she kind of a bitch - she'd been condescending and rude on the phone. So she gets here and she's got a dog, a 4 year old cutie named Owen. I think he's a black lab mix. Anyway, I decided to give her a 2nd chance when I saw the dog. Didn't take long for her to lose those dog points, though. I found out that when Loretta (the APOC) went to introduce herself and shake hands, the ADC put her hands out to her sides and said "Oh no, I'm not here until tomorrow." Now, I can understand not wanting to get a bunch of crap dumped on you just because you show up to drop off some boxes, but to so blatantly avoid shaking someone's hand in introduction is just plain RUDE!

No comments: