Monday, April 10, 2006

Hiking

A group of us from work went hiking yesterday up in the Santa Fe National Forest. It was a beautiful day, not too hot but still sunny. The trail took us to the Tesuque creek and was about 2 1/4 miles each way. We went uphill for awhile, then downhill to the creek, then back up to the top and down a different trail to the car - took about 2 1/2 hours. If I think about it at home, I'll post a photo of the view or the creek.

I was worried about participating, since I feel I'm so out of shape, but I made it. I wasn't the only one who had to stop a couple of times to catch my breath and I never felt like I was dying. I probably would have been fine if I had been able to breath thru my nose - my sinuses are all clogged from allergies - or if the elevation hadn't been as high as 8000'. All in all, I had a good time and hope to go again. I'm not even that sore today, except for my bottom.

H, S, and I went to El Farol for happy hour last night. We had tapas and sangria and chatted for about an hour. It was nice and relaxing and helps me not miss the husband so much.

Speaking of the husband, it's his birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Any more and I'll get in trouble...

I've finally noticed all 3 of my cats making the effort to drink out of the faucets at the apartment. Apparently they don't like drinking the water out of the water bowl. They have a recycling fountain at home and I guess it's spoiled them. So of course I'm going to the pet store today for a fountain. I'm such a pushover and they know it.

No comments: