Monday, January 17, 2005

Morning Blogs?

I like to wait until the end of the day to blog because you never know what's going to happen, but I'd forgotten that the husband is usually on the computer at night. I'm either going to have to blog earlier or wait until the next morning - not the best idea since I tend to forget things after sleeping. So we'll try early evening blogs after this one...

We got the Jeep back. It did need a new radiator but it was only $300 to fix it. We went ahead and had them do the front brakes, too. We also decided to go ahead and start looking for a new car. As much as we had planned to wait until the it totally broke down, I don't want to deal with having it towed away and then having to run out and buy something. I'd rather do it when I have time and am not under pressure. Besides, I'm going back to work soon and it'll be easier doing it during the week. Right now we're planning on getting a Ford Escape Hybrid. I don't see the point in getting an SUV unless it has some kind of redeeming feature beyond cargo capacity.

Went to Target yesterday and I'm wondering why people don't read. They put up those electronic barricades that lock the cart wheels when you try and take the cart past a certain point. The signs have been up for months, yet there's always a pile of carts at the barrier and one moron who's standing there like an idiot trying to figure out why his cart won't go anymore. I just don't get it. I mean, it's fun to watch but I doubt that was Target's intent - providing opportunity to ridicule people? They're good, but not that good.

The husband never commented on whether or not he was over the thing with Sped. He did comment on my getting blue hair (which I am over and am trying to wash out with dish soap and laundry detergent). Don't know why he picks the one I don't care about. It's kind of like Mario's response to my e-mail. Ignore the plea - focus on something pointless...

Anyway, got stuff to do today. Need to go grocery shopping and have to clean the house. One good thing about going back to work? Getting a maid! Plus I should really go and look at getting a screen door. I want to be able to open the doors and windows and air the place out while it's still cool here.

I'm going back on my diet and am about to get back into a regular exercise program, so breakfast is about to become pretty boring. Bars yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be new, but unchanging after that. Sorry.

No comments: