Saturday, January 15, 2005

4th Day

It's been 4 days of almost continuous fighting between me and the husband. I finally had to tell him that I was done; I couldn't do it anymore. It got bad enough that on Friday I went and had my hair cut super short and the top dyed blue. When I told my stylist what I was thinking of doing, she asked if I was still married. I guess doing something radical to your hair is the norm when it's this bad. The blue didn't turn out as well as it could have. If it had been pieced in, it would have been ok, but it looks like I dumped a paint can on my head. I'm going to either have her bleach it out a bit or shave it all off. It'll grow back eventually. I've always wanted to see want my head looked like without hair. Some people have weird shaped heads. But I need to do something soon. We're trying to get rid of the old hair so I can have a clean slate and do something different and I need hair for Sped's wedding in May. That's only 4 months... how fast does hair grow?

I really need to get back on my diet pretty soon. The stress with the husband and the jet-lag have made it too easy to be lazy. But I can't let it go too long. I've got that wedding to get ready for and I'm not going to be the fat bridesmaid. I may still be the biggest one, but it'll be all muscle. The husband wants to lose some weight, too. I had him try South Beach with me, but it's hard when you don't eat vegetables. I think he's going to try Weight Watchers instead. Not like he's going to go to the meetings, but I've got all the info and it should work if he can take the time to portion stuff out.

I talked to Sped today about some stuff the husband and I are fighting about - I had been worried that I remembered something wrong. Well, it turns out that I told the husband something that wasn't accurate and it's been ugly ever since. I don't know if I fixed it today or not. He didn't really say too much when I told him I'd screwed up and explained what had really been said. I guess all I can do is hope for the best.

Speaking of hoping, the Jeep seems to be leaking from the radiator (like I know anything about cars). But the temperature is high, it's leaking from right behind the bumper, and there's steam coming from the hood - not good. We left it at the shop overnight and we're supposed to hear something in the morning. I hope it's not too bad and I'm not predicting anything, but the husband is probably right in saying that whatever is wrong won't be worth repairing considering the age and condition of the car. We had planned on getting a new car when it wore out, but we didn't think it'd be this soon. We'll see in the morning.

I still need to post my blog I wrote on the plane back. I just can't motivate myself to do it. But I think it's a good piece and a fitting end to the trip. Maybe tomorrow.

Breakfast today was a bar - crunchy peanut butter, I think. I'm going to have to get more of that brand. They've been the best so far.


No comments: