Saturday, January 22, 2005

A Change Of Venue

I got my new towels and they are sooooo nice. The bathroom already looks different, but I can't wait to see how it looks after I repaint it.

The husband informed me this morning that the hotel we had booked for Comic-Con claims to be haunted. There were apparently several posts about it where people claimed they wouldn't stay there again because of what they witnessed. Although I was a bit wigged, I thought it sounded kind of cool. I've always wanted to experience something supernatural. I'm kind of like Mulder that way, I want to believe. But the Scully in me hasn't seen any proof, yet.
Anyway, it was all good until he continued with the news that they are also supposed to have terrible service and basically be a bad hotel. He went off to take a shower and I checked - he was right. I looked at travel sites and the vast majority of reviews weren't just bad, they bordered on pleas to avoid the dump.

So I went looking for another hotel. Now, Comic-Con hotels booked up within, oh, 3 hours of opening the registration. So it didn't look good. The closest places were in Old Town, which meant a trolley ride. Normally that's not a bad thing, but with 60 pounds of books to lug around, it is.

Eventually I went to my standby - Orbitz. And I found the coolest looking hotel, only 3 blocks from the convention center! Of course, they weren't offering any discount rates, but I figure, what the hey! This trip is also our vacation. I know, we went to London, but that was our honeymoon. Totally different. So I booked this place and I'm so psyched. The Hotel Solamar right next to the Gaslamp and the new stadium. I hope it turns out as cool as it seems - rooftop pool, fitness center, dvd players, internet access, etc. I'll let you know, but it's not until July.

I've also been looking at stuff for Sped's hen night. Wow, they've got some pretty kinky stuff available out there.

So far, that's been my day. I've started the laundry and taken out the trash. I have to clean the litter box but I hate doing it so I always put it off as long as possible. I even did some research on self-cleaning litter boxes. There's one I like, but not sure if we're ready for that yet. I've also had bad kitty-mom thoughts about how nice it would be to get a dog that does it's business outside. Yes, I know you have to pick it up, but at least it's not right in the house, taking up valuable bathroom space and stinkin' the place up. But I would never do anything to my kitties. Not on purpose, at least, so the thing with the knitting needle doesn't count. Besides, she doesn't seem to miss that fang at all.

Breakfast was another bar. So now I've got 2 brands I really like. Maybe I'll actually say what they are, if it'll get me some for free!

No comments: