Sunday, January 02, 2005

A Lazy Sunday

We slept in today - it was fantastic! I had a weird dream about shooting a movie and needing to dress in medieval costume and answer questions from German students in order to get the locations we needed. Odd that, since I do payroll...

Anyway, we got up around 11am and wandered off to lunch. Found an Indian place (Light of India) where we had the best meal we've had yet in London. Made sure to tell the waiter that, too. We will be going back there. Walked up to Knightsbridge to see if the T-Mobile store was open yet and it wasn't. If they can't help me tomorrow, I'm going to be very unhappy. Out phone charger seems to have died and we've had to leave the phones turned off except to check for messages. Not really what I had planned...

Walked back down to the Natural History Museum. I really enjoyed the exhibits - dinosaurs, fossils, minerals, etc. The earthquake exhibit bothered me. I've been in a couple of small ones at home and they are frightening. I didn't care to treat it as a thrill ride so we bypassed that one. Tried to buy something in a gift shop, but didn't see any magnets and didn't see anything I couldn't get at home. But I did take a couple of cool photos.

The husband was worried that we didn't do enough today, but I think it was just right. The time difference is still messing us up and it's nice to take it easy for a day. We had thought we might go to Greenwich, but I preferred sleeping in. This is why I wanted to take 2 weeks in London. I wanted this to be relaxing and still see everything. So far, it's been a good trip.

Breakfast today was a caramel nut brownie bar. I'm getting tired of the bars, but they're easy and I have to eat when I take my pills. Oh well.

No comments: