Monday, January 31, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yep, today is my birthday. I have no big plans. In fact, the only thing I should be doing is picking up my prescription before it gets too much later...

But I wanted to note that I have been infected by the husband. I love flowers. I love sending them and I love getting them. But the husband doesn't because in his philosophy, flowers die. Meaning you should buy something that lasts longer than a couple of days. So I went to the farmer's market yesterday to buy myself some flowers for my birthday and I realized as I stood looking at the different vendors displays, that I couldn't do it. I couldn't spend money on something that, although pretty, was going to be ugly and dead in 3 days. So I bought 2 plants instead - kalanchoe. Contrary to the husband's joking, I have a fairly green thumb and I love kalanchoe. Mine always bloom several times a year, especially here in SoCal. So I bought 2 in colors I don't have and brought them home. I think I'm going to go to Lowe's and buy some nice pots, since I still have a giftcard from Christmas to use. And I think I'm going to try and propagate some of the older ones I have. They get so straggly.

Other than picking up the drugs, I really don't have firm plans for today. I have a coupon for an outlet store that expires today, but it's a bit of a drive to get there. Maybe. I do have to proof the husband's work and send it off to a producer friend, but that'll take 20 minutes at most. I'm sure I'll figure something out.


No comments: