Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Notes From Others

I don't know why I never get comments on my blog... but I do get comments in my email and occasionally some other fun stuff!

From N:
I meant to comment on your Splenda cooking. I tried once cooking with it, lemon bars. And it was disgusting. I threw the whole thing out. It didn't set right and it had a nasty taste. I don't know how people can cook with it. ME had major success with it.

All I can say is more power to her - the shiat was gross.

From my brother M (who forwards every joke, warning, notice, etc he comes across):
An elderly couple was attending church services. About halfway through she leans over and says to her husband, "I just let out a silent fart. What do you think I should do?" He replies, " Put a new battery in your hearing aid."

One of his better ones...

More from N about the CWW situation:
(my email to her)
Let me get your take on something - M called yesterday saying another Uni show needed a few days help with payroll and could I do it? T said it was ok and I said yes and today I'm at Paramount. I've put the gross on timecards; checked edits; printed, copied, folded, stuffed and sorted checks. I'm going to print invoices and I entered start cards into the crew list. The payroll acct I'm helping has been working 6 and 7 days for weeks and is having an allergy attack today. She went home at 3 o'clock. Should I feel bad for wondering if I'm being taken advantage of?Forgot to mention I had to buy my own lunch (they are shooting on the lot but had a late call). Besides that, I think it's a little weird that M would even ask knowing I was on EA - even though I'm not that busy.

(her response)
Hmmm that is a tough one. First, that sucks that you are at Paramount and that you had to pay for your own lunch. They really should have picked up that tab. They should allow you to turn it in as PC. Okay whether you should feel like you are being taken advantage of. By M asking you to take care of things for him tells me he really trusts your work. Are you getting paid for both jobs? Like any sort of perk? And do they really need you more days if you got all that done for her? Is she coming back tomorrow or because you promised to help out for a few days will her allergies continue. If they had said she needed help because she was ill and needed to go home then that was one thing but if she went home because you are taking care of everything well, she is taking advantage.

Which is why I'm not going down there tonight!

No comments: