Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Crappy Days

It's been a crappy couple of days. I woke up at 3:45 am yesterday morning, disturbed by the dog and Baxter. Both of them sleep on the bed and they wake me up all the time. Plus, Darby decided she needed to get into the bathroom cabinet. Since she's not really strong enough to get the door open, it ends up falling shut over and over (BAM. BAM. BAM.) When I got up to take care of it, I stepped on Sofie.

This kind of stuff isn't unusual but for some reason it really got to me and after lying there for over an hour, trying to fall back asleep, I broke into tears when the alarm went off. The husband woke up and tried to comfort me, but I still had to get up to go to the gym. I was pissed at Sofie, I was pissed at the cats, I was pissed at myself. The animals weren't doing anything intentional and I felt bad about it.

I stayed up really late last night - trying to exhaust myself so they wouldn't get to me again this morning. I slept until 5 and got up to the alarm, but it pretty much backfired. I was a total bitch to the husband and have been angry all day. I may have to go back on my meds. I think it's more than not getting enough sleep that's causing me to be angry at the drop of a hat. I keep it under control at work, but I can't hold it in forever. And my control at work is slipping. Whenever I get the chance, I yell and call people names. Never to anybody's face, just in general about the stupid shit that comes across my desk.

We did get the dog statue glued back together last night and it looks pretty good, but the finish is too shiny for the cracks to go unnoticed. The husband suggested we paint it like we did the lion from the Alburquerque flea market (faux stone). I think it's a good idea, but I want to get a different color for it. Have to go and have a look at the options.

Oh, and I found out my mom has macular degeneration or something like it. She's lost enough vision to not be able to read or write anymore. Scarier still, my dad has been driving her around.

No comments: