Thursday, December 14, 2006

Arizona Job

So, T's got this show going to AZ. I've been telling her all along that I couldn't go out of town right now, too much going on with selling and other stuff. She kept asking, over and over, and I complained to the husband about it. He said - if she'll pay you X for 5 days, we'll go. I figured that'd be the end of it and tell T that I'd have to have a raise. I didn't tell her the amount, though. She tells me it's not in the budget. I think it's finally over.

I'm talking to her today and we're discussing the savings she's taking because she's on EA right now and her prep on the new one is shorter. I ask her how much they're saving and could I have it? She said D-studio exec told her that at my current rate, I wouldn't be getting more money from the studio. I'm a bit indignant about this, since the guy in VA got $100 more.

Anyway, we start discussing how the studio pays location and they it turns out they combine the 2 Idle days and the 5 day work week, meaning I'd be making the X the husband talked about. And if I worked 6 days, then it'd be X+$150. So when you add in per diem, I'd be making about $685 per week more than I'm making right now.

I called the husband to let him know his conditions were met, but now I don't know if I want the hassle of it all. We're going home for 12 days for Xmas and we'd have 10 days after getting back to get everything packed up and put into storage and get to AZ. Plus, I'd be leaving my bootcamp and WW meeting and other "stuff". I had been prepared to not take this job for so long, but the money is calling me back. I've talked myself into and out of this job about 6 times now. Blech.

No comments: