Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Estate Sale

I went to an estate sale this morning and got some nice stuff, but I have to say those things are always very sad. Some guy, probably no older than 40, died and all of his stuff got sold off to strangers. It took me back to when Betty died and we had a sale with her things. I appreciated the people who bought stuff and hated the bastards to wanted to haggle. At least this sale was held by professionals and the family didn't have to deal with any of it.

Anyway, I got a great statue of a dog. It's about 3 feet tall and black graphite looking. Unfortunately, I bumped him on the way over and his snout hit the passenger window and his head broke off... It's a clean break and I can glue him back together, but I do seem to have a bad time of it with statues. We did notice as we were looking at him that this isn't the first time his head's been knocked off. There's an old crack further down the neck that's been glued. I don't feel as bad as I did.

I also got some cookware (I guess it's Corningware), a nice pie plate, and the 1st 2 seasons of the Sporanos on DVD for the husband. The 1st wants to go over tomorrow and I think I'll go with her and see if the last of the rugs is still available and how much they want for it.

I don't know why I'm going to do this, but the company holding the sale sends out emails for their upcoming events. This past weekend they were in Bel-Air and maybe I just want a chance to snoop around in someone's home...

No comments: