Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas Meme

Erdedo sent me this and it makes an easy blog...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate with marshmallows

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? What tree? Giftbags, if I'm feeling all Martha, otherwise just pulled out from behind my back.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Again, what tree? I wish I could put some lights up - I grew up with colored but I think I like white better.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? Uh, never? Usually working and don't have time, plus we have 3 cats and a dog. Too dangerous. Although the husband and I are collecting the Dept 56 Dicken's Village and one day we'll have a huge spread...

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mom's stuffing and her Parker House rolls.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Staying up late on Christmas Eve after midmight mass with the whole family.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember when or how I learned, but I did believe!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My husband's family does this and now I do, too. But I prefer Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Since I haven't put up a real tree in years (allergic and has cats), have to pass on this. I do have a fiber optic tree, but it's small and doesn't really hold decorations.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! Too bad I live in SoCal...

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but not with any real grace. I have trouble stopping. And I broke my tailbone when I tried to take lessons.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Nope - I know I've had some good ones, but nothing jumps out at the moment as my favorite.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pecan Pie

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? When I was little it was baking cookies. Now it's just being with family.

17. What tops your tree? My parents have a topper that looks like a star, but it has a big plastic faceted bubble in the middle. There's a light inside the bubble and the light is surrounded by a cylinder of mutlicolored gels. When the light heats up, the cylinder spins and the light is thrown onto the ceiling like a mirror ball. It's so cool I found one on Ebay and I'm anticipating the day I can put it up.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Receiving. Yes, I said it. Bring on the loot.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

20. Candy Canes: I love the ones Hershey puts out with chocolate but I rarely buy them. They're better as decorations or in ice cream with apple pie.

No comments: